could not load type

Sep 6, 2007 at 9:07 AM
Edited Sep 6, 2007 at 9:09 AM
I created a new biztalk adapter using this adapter wizard and used the registry settings file generated by the wizard. Got the following exception:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: BizTalk Server 2006
Event Category: BizTalk Server 2006
Event ID: 5647
Date: 10-10-2006
Time: 09:01:33
User: N/A
Computer: MMOBT2006
Description:
The Messaging Engine failed to create the receive adapter "WStest".
InboundAssemblyPath: "C:\Documents and Settings\mmo\My Documents\Visual
Studio
2005\WSSchedulerAdapter\WSSchedulerAdapter\Run-Time\WebServiceSchedulerTransportTypeReceive\bin\Debug\WebServiceSchedulerTransportTypeReceiveAdapter.dll"
InboundTypeName:
"Namespace.Vertica.WSSA.Runtime.WebServiceSchedulerTransportTypeReceiver.WebServiceSchedulerTransportTypeReceiveAdapter"
Exception Details: "Could not load type
'Namespace.Vertica.WSSA.Runtime.WebServiceSchedulerTransportTypeReceiver.WebServiceSchedulerTransportTypeReceiveAdapter'
from assembly 'WebServiceSchedulerTransportTypeReceiveAdapter,
Version=1.0.2474.14185, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a04206faf7c57da6'."

For more information, see Help and Support Center at
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

WorkAround is to create a new registry settings file using the adapter registry settings from BizTalk itself. I created the new registry settings on the target machine (my biztalk host). Development was on a different machine.
Apr 9, 2008 at 11:00 AM
The regfile created by the wizard contains a bug. You can easily solve this by opening the regfile and change the value of the InboundTypeName key to <namespace.class>.

Namespace = leave as it is
Class = the class that implements Microsoft.Samples.Biztalk.Adapter.Common.Receiver in your project

This should do the trick